Please read this page in its entirety!
JOB DESCRIPTION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
POSITION TITLE: Program Support
JOB LOCATION: Station Club Enterprise
REPORTS TO: Adult Program Coordinator
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None
The Program Support serves as a personal assistant to the Adult Program Coordinator and assists in the implementation of all day programs/services. Assists in facilitation of a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks essential to the day program.
- Assumes and Maintains HIPAA confidentiality/security standards of all information transactions, pertaining to the members and staff.
- Attends and participates in designated committee meetings as directed by the Adult Program Coordinator.
- Ensures required programming supplies are ordered and are available at all times. Re-orders through appropriate channels as needed, distributeds to proper facility and processes bills for payment. Manages the process of returned products and equipments.
- Provides documentation and database of in-service trainings for all direct care staff.
- Assists with administrative duties as deemed necessary by the Adult Program Coordinator.
- Assists in the arrangement of repairs and maintenance for all programming adaptive equipment as needed.
- Assists Adult Day Program Coordinator with compliance and accreditation administration and management.
- Assists with daily responsibilities of Day Program or ADVP duties.
- Coordinates, orders and maintain tools, supplies and therapeutic equipment for Morehead City campus.
- Assists in the monitoring of Day Support Programs, including: doing observations, monitoring notes and grids to ensure they meet documentation standards.
- Completes all mandatory courses of study, seminars, medication certification and van certification within the designated timeframe.
- Assist in maintaining materials for CARF.
- Assists in preparing compliance with accreditation and providing resources and meeting timelines for accreditation.
- Completes training classes.
- Performs filing and administrative duties.
- Enters data and maintains training database.
- Assist Adult Program Coordinator with annual survey preparation as needed.
- Assist Morehead location Support Staff in maintaining annual fishing licenses.
- Assist individuals and consumers in all capacities designated by Adult Program Coordinator.
- Performs Direct Care and Vocation Day Program duties when needed and assists Vocational staff as directed by the Adult Program Coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to work as a team member.
Must be able to use tactful judgment in dealing with parents, members, staff and administration.
Must be able to maintain accurate records.
Must be able to work under pressure and remain calm and effective in emergency situations.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Upon request Carobell will make reasonable accommodation for staff with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990)
- Ability to perform a combination of standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and sitting for up to 8 hours
- Ability to bend at the waist to a minimum of 45°
- Ability to twist at the waist to a minimum 90°
- Ability to squat to knee level
- Ability to raise one’s self, unaided, from one knee to a standing position
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds unaided
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds aided
- Ability to maneuver individuals served from supine, sitting, reclining, etc. position to lift, wheelchair, bed, bath, etc.
- Ability to operate mechanical and electrical lifts
- Ability to push individual served (up to 200 lbs.) in wheelchair
- Ability to function in outside environment for up to eight hours
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles and assist individuals served to do same.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience working directly with persons with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities or other developmental disabilities is preferred. Must have good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others professionally. Valid driver’s license required. Must be competent in using Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Exhibits supervisory capabilities with the leadership qualities. Possesses strong oral and written communication skills. Uses tactful judgment in dealing with parents, members, staff and administration. Maintains accurate records; identifies and reports changes in members’ condition and has the ability to remain calm in an emergency.