Please read this page in its entirety!
JOB DESCRIPTION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Woodshop Assistant/Vocational Technician
|1.||Completes assigned tasks, as instructed, within established time frames.|
|2.||Assist woodshop program instructor.|
|3.||Performs tasks as assigned with minimal supervision.|
|4.||Utilizes electronic documentation system to document accurately and completely all services provided for each member served within eight hours of service delivery.|
|5.||Assists individuals served with personal care (bathing, toileting, changing, dressing) in an efficient, respectful, gentle manner.|
|6.||Implements Person Centered Plan with individuals served.|
|7.||Assists in safe, appropriate transport of individuals served.|
|8.||Appropriately utilizes various assistive devices, including wheel chairs, mechanical/electric lifts, mechanical beds, etc. in a safe and efficient manner to meet the needs of individuals served.|
|9.||Maintains confidentiality of protected health and personal information.|
|10.||Is familiar with and properly applies Client’s Rights policy.|
|11.||Monitors mental/physical conditions of the individuals served and reports exceptions to In-charge staff. Contacts nursing and/or Residential Manager as instructed.|
|12.||Prepares and portions food items in accordance with dietetic menu.|
|13.||Attends training and meetings as directed by supervisor.|
|14.||Successfully completes all required training within established time frames.|
|15.||Complies with all written and oral rules and policies of Carobell Inc.|
|16.||Utilizes company resources in a safe, efficient manner.|
|17.||Reports potential safety hazards to supervisor/safety representative.|
|18.||Performs accurate evacuation drills as they occur within a mandated time frame.|
|19.||Follows established safety protocols at all times in an effort to prevent injury to self and/or others.|
|20.||Participates in performance improvement activities as directed.|
|21.||Attends work as scheduled, accurately clocks in and out, requests time off as per policy and follows On Call Procedure as necessary for unplanned absences/tardies.|
|22.||Follows all policies in the HIPAA section of Carobell’s policy manual, in his/her responsibility of having access to protected health information to perform job related duties.|
|23.||Performs other duties as assigned.|
Minimum Job Requirements
**Carpentry and/or woodwork experience highly preferred.**
Current certification in first aid/CPR (Training provided through Carobell)
Current NCI certification (Training provided through Carobell)
Ability to work positively with developmentally disabled persons.
Ability to work varying shifts and weekends.
Reliable transportation to and from work.
Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written forms.
Upon request Carobell will make reasonable accommodation for staff with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to perform a combination of walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and sitting for up to 8 hours
- Ability to balance maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, climbing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Ability to bend at the waist to a minimum of 45
- Ability to twist at the waist to a minimum 90
- Ability to squat to knee level
- Ability to raise one’s self, unaided, from one knee to a standing position
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unaided
- Ability to lift more than 40 pounds aided
- Ability to maneuver individuals served from supine, sitting, reclining, etc. position to lift, wheelchair, bed, bath, etc.
- Ability to operate mechanical and electrical lifts
- Ability to push individual served in wheelchair
- Ability to function in outside environment for up to eight hours
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles and assist individuals served to do same
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
REASONING and DECISION MAKING
impact outside immediate work unit
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters and/or conduct routine oral communication.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, loudly, and quickly.